Woke up with SMD resistors in your bed? You scrolled to the right place of the internet.
We need new colleagues to help us design, build, test and ship the electronics of revolutionary wearable products that will change the lives of millions.
If you’re looking for a fast-moving, interdisciplinary team that covers all aspects of Electronics Design, this is the job for you.
- Come up with the requirements based on loose specifications.
- Simulate, in tools such as LTspice, or prototype assemblies to understand which components best suit the application.
- Align with the Mechanical Design, Software and Research teams to have a holistic system overview on the development.
- Design the schematics, containing mixed signal components, high-speed digital buses, both power and low-power components.
- Design the layout according to industry standards for mass manufacturing, but also with cost optimizations in mind. Take in consideration thermal dissipation, work closely together with the Mechanical Design team, and align with the prototyping methods available.
- Create BoMs, assist the ordering of components and assist in the assembly of the PCBs.
- Lead the testing of the PCBs, with support.
First and foremost, curiosity, grit and attention to detail.
- Senior level experience in Electronics Simulation, Schematic & Layout, and electronics mass manufacturing.
- Experience with Power Supply design for low-power electronics.
- Experience with high-speed signals (USB 3.1 for example).
- Experience with analog signals (conditioning, amplification, etc.), for audio and sensorics applications.
- Experience with microcontrollers and other digital components.
- Experience with lithium-ion batteries, BMSs and similar.
- Experience with high-layer count (4-8 layers PCBs).
- Experience with PCB testing and debugging.
- Experience with Thermal Management in PCB design.
- Experience with EMC compliance and other standards.
- Experience with the Design for Manufacturing process for Electronics Engineering (PCBA manufacturing, communication with manufacturers, etc.)
- Knowledge of tools such as Altium, OrCAD, KiCAD, etc.
- Safety-critical design or automotive experience is a plus.
- DFMEA/FMEDA experience is valued.
- A very hands-on, proactive attitude and a desire to continuously build things.
- Strong documentation skills to write documentation.
- Graduate of technical universities or equivalent academics.
- Strong English skills.
Your life @.lumen
Being part of a quickly growing small company with big goals will put you at the forefront of technological development. You will be a pioneer pushing limits to improve the lives of millions.
- Each day is different. There is no monotony here, just great challenges, a creative environment, and fun colleagues.
- Your work will be used in days, not years.
- You will work within a small team, complementing each other.
- You’ll receive a lot of support. With time, we hope to see you do the same.
Otherwise, we have a nice IKEA showroom like HQ, good coffee, and loud music (but some quiet areas too).
We are rooted in flexibility. For us, “hybrid” means that you create your own schedule, but we still get to spend time together in our Cluj office.
Ideally, you are willing to live and work in Cluj.
What else we offer?
- Attractive salary (obviously…)
- Employee Stock Option Program through which employees that bring a significant impact are rewarded with company stock
- Private medical package
- Flexible schedule
Our recruitment process includes 4 steps:
- We review your application
- The most suited candidates meet us for an informal discussion
- Next, we invite the best to join a challenge led by Octavian Coca
- We get to meet the winner for the final interview
.lumen builds glasses that empower the blind to live a better life.
There are over 40 million blind individuals worldwide, and while technology advances, the most used solutions for them are thousands of years old - the guide dog and the white cane. At .lumen we are changing this paradigm.
.lumen is a research startup that uses the most advanced AI, Robotics, and Neuroscience technologies to empower the blind. This is not an easy task, and we are looking for the best in the world to help us change it.
In less than two years since its funding, .lumen has become one of the most awarded startups in Eastern Europe. Winning the Red Dot: Luminary award, the highest award in Industrial Design, the Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge, and being the first Romanian company to raise over 9M EUR from the European Innovation Council (EIC).